George Johnson, Underground Railroad "Conductor" Handkerchief
This handkerchief, now part of our private collection, belonged to and was used by George K. Johnson (1761-1864) of Germantown, PA. The family was a well known Philadelphia Quaker family and during the mid-19th century, the family homestead became a stopping point for the "Underground Railroad." The Johnson family home is now a museum known as the Johnson House Historic Site. Our reproduction is 100% cotton and measures a large 29 x 31 inches. The original is intricately detailed, and we did our best to capture that detail in the reproduction. Remember, our reproduction is meant to look like the original did when the original was new and not look exactly like the original appears now.